Sunday, October 21, 2012

We went to a wedding last night.

Well, last night my mother and I went to a wedding. The girls mom (My mother's friend, G.) did EVERYTHING. It was beautiful.
The food was tasty and cute at the reception. The theme of the wedding was sort of rustic.
So, for the reception G set up a long table and used different rustic themed items to store the food, dutch ovens and their lids, tree stumps... all sorts of things. They had mini blue berry cobblers ( I mean mini, two could fit in the palm of your hand, it was so cute! ), s'mores push up pops, mini pumpkin pies ( same size as the cobblers ), little cups of baked beans, a granola stand, mini chicken salad sandwiches, mini Apple pies on a stick... it was truly and deliciously amazing.
The way they served the food made people mingle more, instead of just sitting and talking with the same people because there were no plates. You had to get up each time you wanted something more.
The wedding and reception were held in the same church, in the same room, at basically at the same time. So everything had to flow perfectly and it did.
This experience gave me ideas for my own wedding, and possibly the hopefully soon wedding of my brother and his girl friend.
Because it was indoors and the bride wanted an outdoor wedding, some firends of G painted and hanged a mural on two of the walls- it was a beautiful mountainscape.
All in all I loved the wedding, even though I was mostly on refill duty ( Though, I know G I don't really know her daughter ) I got a view of the adorable interworkings of a beautiful wedding.

Have a great day guys xxoo





No comments:

Post a Comment